AgGuide Water Series: Irrigation - Centre Pivot and Lateral Move
Whilst all care is taken, a book can become out of stock or print at short notice. We appreciate your patience on these rare occasions.
Scroll down for book details.
Price includes GST, post and handling within Australia.
Author: J. Laffan
Publisher: NSW DPI
Product Id: 5894
This publication focuses on key design issues, efficiency of irrigation and management of centre pivot and lateral move systems in broadacre farming.
Table of contents:
Chapter 1: Introduction to centre pivot and lateral move
Chapter 2: Safety
- Hazards associated with centre pivot and lateral move systems
Chapter 3: Environmental impacts of irrigation
- Sustainable use of irrigation water
Chapter 4: Centre pivot and lateral move systems
- Centre pivot
- Lateral move
- Advantages / Disadvantages
- Importance of design
Chapter 5: Irrigation efficiency
- Efficient use of water
- System capacity
Chapter 6: Key design issues
- Pipe sizes and energy costs
- Capital and operating costs
- Average application rate
- Wheel rut
- Wheel equipment
Chapter 7: Emitters
- Types of emitters
- Wetting patterns for emitters
- Uniformity of application
Chapter 8: Managing CPLM systems