Beef AgGuide - Managing and Marketing Beef
Author: Jennifer Laffan
Publisher: NSW DPI
Product Id: 4256
It includes information on factors that can affect beef prices and cattle numbers, the nutritional needs of your herd and how to manage the breeding herd.
Also how to assess your product and what to consider when selecting a selling method.
Table of Contents
- Cattle industry overview
- Manage the breeding herd
- Pastures for the herd
- Selling methods and costs
- Other aspects of marketing
- Muscle and muscle score
- Fat assessment and fat scores
- Frame size
- Growth, maturity and carcase suitability
- Understand your product
- The killsheet
- Get the best return
- Some terms explained
- Appendix 1: Ruminants and rumination
- Appendix 2: Calculating and using DSE ratings for beef cattle
Published in 2016. This book is A4 in size and full colour.