Two-Stroke Engine Repair & Maintenance
Whilst all care is taken, a book can become out of stock or print at short notice. We appreciate your patience on these rare occasions.
Scroll down for book details.
Price includes GST, post and handling within Australia.
Author: Paul Dempsey
Publisher: McGraw Hill
Product Id: 5987
Do you spend more time trying to start your weed trimmer than you do enjoying your backyard? With this how-to guide, you can win the battle with the temperamental two-stroke engine.
Written by long-time mechanic and bestselling author Paul Dempsey, Two-Stroke Engine Repair & Maintenance shows you how to fix the engines that power garden equipment, construction tools, portable pumps, mopeds, generators, trolling motors, and more. Detailed drawings, schematics, and photographs along with step-by-step instructions make it easy to get the job done quickly. Save time and money when you learn how to:
- Troubleshoot the engine to determine the source of the problem
- Repair magnetos and solid-state systems--both analog and digital ignition modules
- Adjust and repair float-type, diaphragm, and variable venturi carburetors
- Fabricate a crankcase pressure tester
- Fix rewind starters of all types
- Overhaul engines--replace crankshaft seals, main bearings, pistons, and rings
- Work with centrifugal clutches, V-belts, chains, and torque converters